Saturday 8 September 2012

' Harvey ' lived...

In the movie " Harvey " w/ James Stewart, Elwood P. Dowd ( JS ) has a friend, Harvey who is a 8 ft tall pookah ( a rabbit ).
Watching EQ ( a specialty HD channel ),there was a program on Tasmania. Tasmania as a future tourist destination and an almost virginal habitat that needs protection.
The fossil record shows ancient marsupials and fossils found in Argentina and Antarctica as well. The marsupials were varied and unique.
' Harvey ' lived. There is a fossil kangaroo
that stood 10 ft tall but the bloody thing was a carnivore. It could rip and chew flesh.
thats all I need - imagining a meat eating kangaroo whose chin would hook over the gutters on our house.
We're watching the 9/11 specials. the heroism and process that was involved on that day.

All I remember is the replays that show the people dancing and cheering in the Middle East as they watched the Towers fall. I understand on some level that this should not be seen as a blanket reaction by all peoples of an area or religion.
That day and those videos now colour how I think and feel about the  Middle East.
I am not sympathetic when considering events in the middle East.
I get that some in that area don't like us ( in the west ), fine. If I were born there maybe Id feel the same. But I'm here - born and raised. Them and us.

No comments:

Post a Comment