Monday 17 September 2012

The fickle Finger.....

Probably, in the early 80 s, I'm really guessing here, ' Laugh In' starred Rowan and Martin (?). They had a segment called the ' Fickle Finger of Fortune '.

The last 2 outings on the 'bee, I've caught rock bass ( 4 ) , 1 perch and 1 lmbass which was barely longer than the 3 " platic minnow.

I can't find minnows. Usually, I'll spot schools running the surface. Then, I fish under the school. The philosophy is follow the bait. I spent both sessions canvassing for hits. Basically, I'm fanning the area looking for a hit. The hits are not there.

Hopefully, catching lots of fish isn't the point. B/c I'm not.

Weather is idyllic. Cool, sunny and breezy.
Except on the water, that wind is gusting and relentless. Rain is coming, supposedly all day to-morrow. The theory says pre-front fishing is good. The fish are hitting before the storm.  maybe this afternoon will be the ticket.

Well, this aft will involve running into Ptrboro. This trip is 15 min and is S.O.P.  ( standard operating procedure ) when we are at QMH. Groceries and a trip to TSC ( tractor store ) is a guarantee. Gas on the way home. In T.O., the gas prices were $1.30 / L at the Old Railway pumps it was $ 1.20 yesterday.

Our first year, the tax formula was changing. I went to fill up and said to the attendant ' I guess you'll see a big rush before the tax change ? '. The reply was ' we're not paying any tax ? '

The ORR is on a native reserve, Hiawatha First Nations. Oops,  rookie mistake.  They take their rights real serious here.

No comments:

Post a Comment