Friday 14 September 2012

The news, all that's fit to report

Whoa, fit to report ??

So, Whatthef**kistan is front and centre in the Torstar.
Next our mayor, Rob Ford, whose following is called the ' Fordnation ', is in deep do-do for misappropriation of city funds.
Call girls / SM sex. Nope, this is Canada. Robbie used city staff / cars and assistants to help coach his football team. You can understand the furor. Next he'll be coaching Team Canada and using city funds. unthinkable.

To-day, is a 'wonderland trip ' - Bass Pro Shops. Its a 35 min drive for me. The far NW of the GTA or actually, a satellite city, Vaughn.
What will I save - maybe 20 - 30 cents per package ( avge cost $5, lets say )
I will wander the aisles, floating on a piscatorial cloud of dreams. The motto of Bass Pro is " if you build it they will come " - they stole this from a movie ' FoD '.
They're real motto is ' if you build it, they will spend '.  I do.

In my defence, some items are unavailable at the normal tackle stores. I have waited and searched but this will be one-stop shopping.
and a cool, $ 300 as a minimum.
On the shopping list  - Zoom plastic, these are the baits that bring walleye to the boat and bolster my success.
A kevlar fishing glove ( yep, bullet proof or knife cut resistant - the walleye don't shoot but I get stuck all the time by a fin  ). The last set of gloves, blew out of the boat, some fish is doing a Michael Jackson imitation wearing a grey glove.

On the Nottawasaga R while fishing, this guy w/ a Dutch or German accent would always say' if you want a cheap sport , fishing isn't it '.
On the plus side M gets rid of me for long stretches, something about Neville Chamberlain's ' peace in our time ' quote.



No comments:

Post a Comment