Thursday 13 September 2012

Olio, olio...

Growing up, I always shouted " olley, olley, oxenfree ". Later, much later I discovered the phrase was " All ye,all ye , in free ".
Ah, naivete, so charming and so dense.

' Olio ' in the crosswords is synomous w/ mixed or varied. Trust me this morning on the 'bee, it was olio-gone-crazy.
I caught rock bass, perch, smbass, lmbass, sunfish and walleye. On the same two baits.

One walleye was barely minimum but I let it go b/c it was so close. The  other walleye (a keeper ) is slam bam thank you ma'am in the freezer.

The wind started out breezy and ended up gusting. To wit, in the morning headed out there were 4 boats that I passed or saw. Coming home, I saw one boat. I turned the bend for home and the wind slapped me in the face. SW at 20 KPH. There was chop on the water.

So, I'm pleased w/ the walleye. More importantly , I got 2. 1 is a fluke and 2 or more means your on a pattern. Ah, renewed optimism. Sporadic reward.

My brother used to come home from a hard week-end fishing ( meaning not many fish ) and say to M, ' I'm fished out '. Only to go back at it next week. See, sporadic rewards.

The Middle East or Watthef**kistan as I'm coming to call it. Crikey, those people got a burr up their ass this time, for sure.
I didn't know Mohammed was gay. Or did they say gray. Gay  / gray,  what the hey.

Gas prices went up 3 cents per litre - Montreal maxed out at $ 1.56 per L, for you southerners, that's a 6.50 gallon, give or take, mostly take.
To-morrow, gas prices fall 6 cents a litre.

We are experiencing H/H, fall style, so its bearable. A/C is on. Heck, its always on in this house. Purely a matter of how many times the A/C cycles in the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment