Sunday 23 September 2012

Let It Not be forgot....

Camulod fell to-day. In " the Eagle ", the last in the Camelot series of 8 books, Clothar, the Frank, nicknamed Lance tells of his life in service to, Arthur, Riothamus, High King of Briton. 

I was worried when Mordred ( Art's son ) is introduced b/c I've never read a version where I wasn't muttering ' how could you do that ? ' to Mordred.
Mordred is the son of Morag and Arthur. Uther Pendragon is father to both of them, oh yes, they are 1/2 brother and sister. Art's mom is Ygraine and Morag's mom is Morgas.

Mordred is a loyal and faithful son. When Lerner and Lowe penned the songs to " Camelot " Mordred brings about the downfall of Arthur's round table and Guinivere and Lance are lovers behind Arthur's  back.

In ' the Eagle ' Clothar takes Guinivere to Gaul, as Arthur rides north to defend Camulod. This trip is the greatest favour that Arthur ever asks of Clothar. Keep the queen safe.
After news of Briton dies out, Guinivere and Clothar marry.

In English class, there was a device where the weather mimics the mood of the character. I'm in bed, with a ..... I don't know. I was feeling kind of blah all day Saturday. At night, I took a shower and shivered coming out... real quakes. A slight fever. I'm much better now.
Usually, my pattern is feel not good and then toss my cookies. Or, cough, cold - fever. When I'm sick, I do it big time.

Anyway, while I'm feeling sorry for myself,  Camulod falls.  
" Let it never be forgot
that once there was a spot
for happy ever-aftering
Known as Camelot "

In the news.  Two Copts ( Egyptian Christians ) living in T.O. have been listed as associated with the anti- Mohammed video that is causing uproars all over the Muslim world.
The 2 men have asked for extra police protection. The Canadian foreign service will ask Egypt for a clarification of the accustions. Basically ,they're screwed b/c the Canadian foreign service consists of 2 cooks called Michel and Francois. They whip up a mean flan but thats it.
The Toronto men claim that they are outspoken critics of the past and present Egyptian governments and the listing is a red-herring threat to keep them quiet and forced to hide.
It will probably work. Their faces have been on the naional news here. And while, I don't care, I'm sure there are nut bar Muslims planning something already.

Social media. I'm not on Facebook or any other thingy. I blog and read my e-mail.
In theory, I'm cut off from the world and people searching for me, thank goodness.

I am however, Canadian- Japanese.
Friday night, one of the other poker players had met someone from Edmonton, he thinks,  who knew me. There's my networking.

No comments:

Post a Comment