Tuesday 18 September 2012

Rainy days and Mondays

Ah yes, the sultry voice of Karen Carpenter --- does it haunt your dreams ??
Ah, but its Tuesday and raining. There was a brief lull between 1 PM and 3 ???. Of course, I decided to slip out w/ the XTreme. Total time out 1/2 h, total catch 1 walleye but a keeper length. I let it go. See,  an humanitarian or fish-a-tarian, I am.
Drinking vodka to celebrate, so sad, 1 fish and he's celebrates. But if you've been following " 2 sentence... " its allowed. No, I won't drive anything - boat or car.

The wind was SW,  as I set out but rain drops came and the wind was NNE or NE and cold. I ran for home. The rain stopped as I docked.
But in the past, that NE wind has swallowed the 'bee w/ storm weather. I'm at home port and safe. I'm such a wimp,  braver men would've stayed and fished out the storm.  I'm warm and dry. Nothing like holding a 7 ft lightning rod in your hand, sitting on a water.

The rule is 1 fish is serendipity, two or more is a pattern. To-day ? , 1 fish is magic and you take what you can get.

There is walleye in the freezer. Further I fished the outside edge of a weedline, classic positioning that, inside or outside of the weedline. The right position and the right time - deadly combination. Fished a plastic fluke minnow. Basic bait - basic presentation - follows all the rules. and a fish too boot.



No comments:

Post a Comment