Monday 10 September 2012

Monday is....

I'll describe my Mondays or what I think is my Monday.
Somehow, Mon. is contact day. Phone calls to the steel roof company - someone will need access to the roof for the gutter cleaning.
The mobile dentistry outfit needed permission to check my mom's teeth.
E-mail from the Min of Natl Resources about fishing licence requirements, in response to my question.

Finished watching ' Tron - legacy '. OK I get it now or enough so that I'm not totally clued out. Since I don't play the " Tron " video game, I think I'm missing context. Oh well, not going to happen. My favourite video game is ' Polar Bear Golf ' and trust me, you don't need an MIT degree in Computers to play that one.

Weather is starting cool. The overnight temp is going to be 50 F for several days. End of the week sees a return of humidity and high 70 s temp.s.

Clothar is still a mystery, although I'm into the story of his early years and its interesting.
BTW - in the prologue its clear that Clothar knew Merlyn Britannicus well. In fact, Clothar in his later years, returns to Britain and the region near Camulod, finds and buries Merlyn's body. Merlyn developed leprosy, later in life and isolated himself close to Camulod. Suffice to say, I don't know Clothar well.

" Stop Moaning and Have Some Fun " ??????
There is the ' Condo Section ' from the Torstar on the floor as I'm typing and that's the headline banner.
The gist of the article is that Canadians spend so much time in the cold and heating their homes, you would think they would enjoy the heat of summer more. I suppose that is the moaning.
The highlights in the article are the value of iced tea ( that's good, I drink iced tea ) and the blade less Dyson fans for circulating air more efficiently ( base price, $ 350 ).
Then there's the  ' Chillow ' a ice bag insert for your pillow. Oops, not for me.

Linen sheets are supposed to be cool - as in to sleep in, comfortable. $557 for an Egyptian cotton and linen blend, Yikes !.
Or simply rinse the top sheet wring it and sleep under the same sheet, nude. Ooh, not sure about this one either.

And the Lee Valley Co. makes the list. For, wait, clothespins !. What clothespins , yep, they sell high quality pins that are longer and built w/ good springs.  OK. OK , yes, been there done that or bought that. Air drying your clothes saves energy and gives the garments a fresh smell.
The time that I call BM ( before M ), saw me line drying my clothes outside. The ladies on staff said my shirts were great smelling.Thats how you attract the ladies, smell my shirt.



No comments:

Post a Comment