Saturday 29 September 2012

Validation

Sometimes, a little perspective is required. Usually, time, some space to relate thoughts and events.
Perhaps, this blog entry should have been / should be done 4 days from now.

Last night, w/ trepidation I wended my way downtown ( that itself is an event in my routine ). The Red Rocket had some pauses probably due to traffic load.

The bouncer at the rope let me in. I climbed upstairs and stood in a short line. Happy voices came from inside and I made the front at the ticket desk. Filled in my name on the nametag. A blonde woman greeted me with ' Mr M.... ' ,thank you for coming, You're OK , go right in '.
The rest of the night ran just like that greeting.
I'm positive, everyone needs something to verify their life and their career, job. Once again, I got it last night.

The ex - Leacock grads who turned up, were , naturally, some of the most thoughtful and probably most successful to leave the school.
Probably successful b/c the topic never came up.

Good move, going last night ?  Definato. I'm a genius. I'm a coward. But truly, I didn't have a clue beforehand. Was I afraid, no. It was the thought that I would never fit in.

I was addressed as " Mr " by 60% of the adults that talked to me. One gentleman told his wife that he remembered experiments that I demonstrated, watching me glove up and raising the full face shield, waiting in anticipation. 

I enjoyed every minute.  Thanks to M who encouraged me to go and at least try.

Apparently, I've missed a series of other like re-unions for Leacock.  thats Ok, I would have hemmed and hawed anyway.

Canada gets Omar Khadr back. no, he doesn't play hockey. OK got captured in 2002 when 15 yrs old as an enemy combatant. OK was imprisoned  at Gitmo and was one of the last Westerners to be released. His trial was reported as a much mis-handled PR exercise by the U.S. military.
OK's father is Alqaeda and it is believed took OK to Iran to be a soldier.
Well , he comes home. Generally, Canadians believe that we have the least useful foreign service in the Western world. We don't break a lot of sweat getting help to our passport holding nationals.

The hot ticket at TIFF ( Toronto International Film Festival ) was ' Argo ' which details the heroic and desperate transfer of U.S. embassy personal out of Iran, 1979, by the Canadian Embassy after the fall of the U.S. Embassy. See, what do I know ?

Weather is bright and sunny - coolish - w/ rain on the way.

You know its been a good week. Marvelous visitors from Ohio ( 1/2 my readership, BTW )
and the re-union.

The Universe will continue to unfold as it should.

'The Father of Life has been good, John ' 

 Of course, the ' John ' reference is to the character John Cameron from LotM.

No comments:

Post a Comment