Tuesday 11 September 2012

Home-made....

In a never ending effort to upgrade or improve the fishing results, I modify or copy lures or baits.
The latest prototype ( neat, eh - prototype, sounds so, technical ) was a total flop. Back to the drawing board.

Now it wasn't a total failure. The bait keeper that I fashioned out of a bent staple worked great. The purpose of the ' new creation ' was to create a lighter jig ( slow falling ) that could handle a slightly longer plastic and still get good hook set.
Now, the staple idea is rather temporary. the staple is going to lose its grip quickly. However, this morning, I checked the shelf in the boat and saw $ 5 worth of jigs sitting there. There is a lot wood down in the river and I seem to hook my share.
Each jig is 85 cents - my hook creation costs around 20 cents + labour ( which fortunately is me, so its cheap ). and if my staple plastic bait holder lasts 1 day, it paid for itself.

Morning was cool but the sun was warm. the breeze then wind come out of the south or SW, actually gusting. The effect was a very cool back as I was fishing. Jacket was ' off /on ' all morning.

1 lmbass about 1 # or a tad more co-operated, all the way to the boat.

9/11 , means a lot to me, a watershed in my attitude toward the Middle East. Maybe , many people feel like me.

There must have been a big blow that came through the area , here, at QMH. Wood lying everywhere, blown out of the trees, all dead thank goodness.


No comments:

Post a Comment