Tuesday 9 February 2021

7:24 AM + Lehman s Banner : Games Everyone Can Enjoy 🎲

 and 5:39 PM are sun up and down times. Thus, while w freeze our faces off, we're getting 10 hrs and 15 m of sun

Coffee in hand < its on the table > and typing to the void

True confessions. I think that I added a touch too much salt to Sally Lunn. I halved a recipe and after Sally was in the oven, I said in my head " did you halve the salt ? '

Ooops ! Explanation. I was using my handwritten directions for halving and glancing at the recipe too.

And. I guess that I goofed up.

OK what did you learn yesterday. Rising is important for the dough. Mine was a sticky dough < not the roll on the board > kind and was stirred to let out the gas. And doubling doesn't mean double the size of the bundle b/c you stir or punch < not mine > to de-gas. I spent ten minutes finding and washing a bigger bowl that was not really needed.

As well, the rising dough needs warmth ( 85 F preferred ) and in this case moisture. I ran around trying to keep the temperature up in  a microwave w/ a bowl of hot water. At last, I discovered a great system. When I used a heating bean bag plus hot water bowl - dada - succeess.

Better to have bunned and lost < not lost really > then never bunned at all b/c I'm eating the Sally Lunn


No comments:

Post a Comment