Saturday 6 February 2021

Our Customers πŸ’• These

 Lehman s. A hand crank butter churn.

Swept through the CBC on line. Vaccine delays 

and transparent wood, nearly as clear as glass.

Lets see Lee Valley items. A collander that sits over the sink - rinse and drain easily. A wood rasp that is also a great lemon grater. A cutting board w/ a drip catching rim < used for carving etc >. 3 different metal spatulas for cooking and lifting food < narrow, wedge shaped and flexible >

The cold set in. 16 F and feeling like 8 F the temperature will rise slightly during the day but stops at 20 F < then wind chill >

The BBQ. I pre - read the instructions. Highlights, 2 people would be best, sharp edges may require gloves. The diagrams resemble the blueprint for the space shuttle. Segue.
I read an online review where a guy said that he assembled a BBQ in under 3 hrs. I was laughing away - 3 hrs ? - how about 20 minutes. Oops. 3 hrs sounds about right for my baby. I mean its the smallest standing propane BBQ that I've seen < 2 burners >.There are just under 100 screws and or bolts to attach. See. Told ya, this sucker is made of bolts.
You know. Maybe, I'll build it in stages like the Atlas Aegena booster rocket. The good. The metal bolts etc come in a plasti - pak w/ little labels designating # of the part and how many of each. Even I can work w/ that.

I just might start w/ a beer to set the tone. You know a casual Saturday chore. The neighbours will gather and 6 of us will finish in a day.  Oops ! won't happen. I'm already planning the first burning and turning. Sausage.
As well, I'm working out how to re - design the drip catcher. In the diagram, the drip catcher assembly uses a soup can. When I'm done, a 6 inch wide can will catch grease drops. Soup can ! the drops will never fall in there. Might as well put foil on the floor.

BTW. there is no floor under the BBQ box just a frame.

Aha ! metal grid gets added to form a shelf and hold the grease catcher. Maybe, 3 hrs is OK.

Start time 10 AM Finish time 4 PM  I know! they build rockets faster. Stopped for lunch and 2 small breaks.

Analysis : I have slim fingers and small hands. I have tools for many jobs. I pity anyone who went at this BBQ assembly w/ the tool list on the instructions.
You'd have no skin left on your fingers
As per usual, two mistakes for a 30 minute delay.
This BBQ has the structural integrity of a peach < I mean the fruit >. I plan to start hunting for a replacement grill rack b/c this original part will last 2 years  < maybe >. I'll line the bottom of the burner box w/ heavy foil to protect from rust through. But it will be close

Having had time to ponder the sitution. Pathetic is the word that best described the effort for the day. That and " what this bolt hath joined together let no man tear apart "


No comments:

Post a Comment