Friday 5 February 2021

This Time We

almost made the pieces fit
didn't we girl -  

Ooh, the heartache in those lyrics < Sammy Cahn author ? >

The day starts at 32 F and drops to 18 or 20 and thats the daytime high for 6 days. Wow, we get to quarantine from the cold and the virus. And confirming reports from all public health units that there is no cold or flu season evident - yeah something else is killing us.

Swept the CBC on line. Same old, same old.

Lee Valley blades include a Gransfors < Swedish make > hatchet and hand axe. Well, do you chop wood - NO these are keepsakes and pride of ownership items. Speaking of that, I own a carpenters hatchet < one side is flattened > b/c when I was 40, I said to Dad when you feel like it, can I have your carpenters hatchet.
Dad went downstairs and brought the hatchet and gave it to me.
On his death, I found a second one, thus I own 2 and I'll NOT be giving these away. I judge that he bought these in 1948 < give or take > when he was a blueprint carpenter in Ontario. That makes them my age, at least.

Funny, I discovered after his death that Dad collected and made rough knives himself but we had never even talked about it. I did re - acquire a sheathed Grohman < belt > knive that was a present to Dad. I'm evil that way. If I liked it, I gave it to Dad - and the plan worked b/c I got them all back, I think.
Unfortunately, it meant doubles of many items - but then I liked them - so I'm pleased. Come see the blade drawer in the rolling cabinet. What clobber, as they say over 'ome < England >

The worm turned - as they say - that wind is bitter and vitriolic and not nice and cruel and nasty and a pain in the face
did you understand the meaning above
good

e - commerce and me. Found a BBQ, propane 2 burner < el cheapo senor > for $120. I've been looking since last June. The creme de la BBQ s cost 1200. There were lots for 300 - 400. Those puppies are the size of an electric car and weigh as much. Criminey ! how much can plastic and tin plate weigh.

 But I held out and was rewarded < I guess , maybe >. Curbside pickup. Get home, instructions suggest 2 people to build it, from the bolts up. And this is not the six million dollar man. Not better or stronger. Burgers and chicken and the odd smoking session
Now, next door can buy deluxe. He BBQ s 2 x a week and cooks lots for a family of 4 and plenty of visitors even during the 2020 summer and fall. I'll construct indoors and wheel little baby out when the temperature decides to rise above ice cube mating range.

Obviously, you'll be ring side for the aftermath. 

No comments:

Post a Comment