Thursday 18 February 2021

its Senior s Day

 at Shoppers Drug Mart. Gotta go.

Amazon is coming to the door. We will spy out the front porch w/ Home Security. I'm getting a dongle
< love that word >
and M gets new PJ s.
The dongle is a dock < see, not much better, right ! >
In English, a dock is a thingy that you stick into a computer / laptop that lets you plug in other devices. USB sticks, hook up a TV, or stereo or SD cards. The newest laptops and tablets < always for tablets though >  come w/ limited ports.
My Dell laptop < using it now > has 2 USB A, 2 Type C, SD slot and speaker plug in port. The Duet has one Type C port. I have a dongle that gets used constantly but I thought ' make the Duet more versatile '. Thus, a dongle for each laptop.
I often plug a TV into the laptop and watch YouTube. BTW our TV s get YouTube etc as Apps BUT .... none of the new TV s is Bluetooth for sound.
 W/ the dongle, I can plug in the laptop and listen anyway that I want - meaning earphones or remote speakers.
The speakers on a TV are mostly poor to OK.
Then w/ the Duet, the dongle means a mouse that I bought by error that needs a USB key can link. Of course, it means a thingy hanging off of the Duet but this is at home on a table < not in an airport sitting on my lap >.
Have I talked my way into proving that the dongle was a good < necessary > purchase ?
As well, I haven't figured out how to make searching easier on the TV ( for YouTube especially when I need to input searches by using the remote control - hunt / click, hunt / click etc). W/ the hook up - I search on the keyboard.
Besides the videos at Chrome Unboxed have convinced me that a Chromebook starts to shine when you make use of all the connectivity that a Chromebook allows. If only the new remote speakers hooked up.

Weather today is unsettled. While the U.S. Midwest and lower Great Lakes gets a second pummel - ing, we catch an edge plus open lake snow effect. This means snow squalls that may be brief or real patchy throughout the North shores of Erie and Ontario.
OR in Canadian speak, our winter.
Same old, same old. Unfortunately, the snow becomes heavier. Some drifting can occur but heaviness is the problem.

Skipped Senior s day at SDM.
At Superstore, though, bought groceries and a ' puffer ' jacket. A thin insulated < maybe > almost sweater,  affair. Light and still warm ( ?).
We shall see said the Zen Master.
On a test run, in the cold topped w/ a raincoat - it was adequate BUT this was a cold day.
Confession. Shoes, No.
 Jackets YES. I'm a compulsive buyer. Always. Always. This buy today is my third insulated jacket. I'm wearing one now. It was bought in 1983. And another down jacket comes from 1978. However, these jackets are thick and bulky. 
This jacket today is similar to a sweater but thinner < slightly >. Regular $69 for 29. 
{ B that is $ Cdn, in your money 18 dollars }

On the radio, the show  'Art of Persuasion ' w/ Terry O'Reilly, detailed areas of commerce that have flourished in the Covid economy.
Eye make up soared, lipstick fell off, golfing was up and cosmetic botox and surgery boomed. All except for golf, the areas increased or decreased b/c of wearing masks and on line meetings. Maybe, golf too, b/c it was an activity that seemed to be allowed.
" Its finger lickin' good " the KFC motto was deemed not appropriate in the Covid situation. Rather than delete, the famous slogan in vogue since 1963, KFC kept the slogan but faded or dimmed the " finger lickin' " words and kept ' Good '.


No comments:

Post a Comment