Friday 12 February 2021

great Chips

 from Lehman s, used to be free - a big chip bowl in the middle of the floor.

Well, GM Canada has no chips or a shortage. In fact, production of vehicles is shutting down. I'd loan them chips but I like them too much.
There is a learning curve for anything. In the tablet realm, I'm a slow learner. Frustration is the word.
For Chrome OS, I'd say that for my level of productivity and need - approx 80 %. Could I be faster or smoother, I bet yes. There are areas that are mysterious - such as how, what or why files move in the ' cloud ' and what does Google drive do or could do.
One example of learning is printing. We had a HP printer from 10 - 12 yrs ago that worked fine. However, over time some glitches developed. Now, in truth, the updates for the drivers was probably stopped years ago.

The printer would print when it felt like it. Several times I figured out a work around. I blame the constant updates to Windows for most of the failures. Two years ago, an HP printer went on sale at 1/2 price and at $100 - well, sure I can do that.
I kept the new printer downstairs and it seemed to work fine w/ our phones, laptops ? hmmm ! hit or miss. Finally, the intermittent approach of the old printer reached epic proportions. I brought the new printer upstairs to facilitate use. The old printer is hiding somewhere in the house.

And starting this year, January, the printing protocol that seemed to be our main type was stopped by Google.
I practiced different protcols w/ indifferent results. Actually, frustration to the n th degree. But still our phones would command the new printer to work and it did.

January, I tried printing. And somehow all laptops in the house a ) found the new printer and b) want to print

How ? dunno  Why? dunno. Don't know much do you ?

Damn straight.        One little quirk is that the new printer wants to be our internet provider for printing. When I use a laptop - I need to make sure that the laptop finds the house signal and not the new printer signal

And in all this kuffufle, the old laptop < yes, the Windows update complaint one > always finds the new printer. I twigged to the fact that b/c its stationary and beside the new printer thats why it always works. Imagine - close to the source works the best.

Where is LV when I need it. Oh, they sell an electrical cord organizer for $ 20. I'm using zip ties. Sorry, LV

OK to tell the truth. There are several items from Lee Valley that are in the running for least used. The furniture carry straps < nope, in the package >, a gauge marker for measuring lumber to cut properly

No comments:

Post a Comment