Monday 8 February 2021

well, Mr Brady

 time for an encore

' now its cold and lonely in the deep dark night '
wait has Meatloaf been in Scarbrough < mid - Feb >

Lee Valley re-visited. Apparently, I own 3 different pocket wrenches from LV < checked the catalog >. And a daddy and baby bionic socket pliers. These pliers have 6 flat surfaces that meet when you squeeze for total grip on the bolt

Thus, our afternoon. It s called a Sally Lunn bun or loaf or round - depending on how you pan it. In Bath, home of Sally Lunn < if you believe that > I walked by the ' Sally Lunn Cafe '. I asked the waitress ' what is a Sally Lunn '. The young lady replied ' she was a stripper in vaudeville ' NO ! . She said it was a light bun like a croissant. I figured that I could do that at home. Well, I didn't.

Til, today. Yesterday, I discovered that we had fast rise yeast. Not proper for Sally. Today, got the good stuff. And we are Sally Lunn - ing away. Quite the learning experience for a non - yeast baker. However, things are progressing

The proof is in the pudding - literally 

We shall see said the Zen Master

At 4: 15 PM she is out of the bundt pan. Brown and easily slid out onto the rack. Cooling

No comments:

Post a Comment