Sunday 7 February 2021

a monument

 to a day in the life - a MasterChef 2 burner BBQ sits in the kitchen awaiting roll out
Not vaccines but a cooking device.


And rollout or not rollout is the story of the CBC sweep. Provinces that squandered chances to minimize the spread, now, say the Fed is screwing up w/ vaccine procurement. NOT. Everybody wants and the cupboard is bare.

M and I figured that our turn for vaccine jabbing was late June or July anyway. And I still think that most folks think ' oh, innoculated means no mask / no care ' but evidence says transmission risk falls after vaccination but it is not a guarantee. I'm saying masks and distance til Dec at the very least. See, I can bring good news. NOT.

Hey, lots of ' nots ' in this blog entry. Maybe its a  ' not ' sort of day. What did Cicero say 'the Times, the Times ' and not < oops ! > the New York kind, either. Segue. 

I was put in charge of the school newspaper at public school < a one piece rag > and decided it was the Brock St Epitaph . Staff at the school remarked that it was a poor choice, obviously not fans of westerns or they would have referenced the Tombstone newspaper. Yepper, rabble rouser and TV addict, back then.

I actually, feel that TV has given me a world perspective on life. As well, I feel TV is the most misused and abused communication avenue or was. Now, it might just be Twitter or the flavour of the day, in social networking. And I must re - remark that the ' internet ' was the ' free ' system for connecting the world.

BTW, 1/3 or more of Canada is on dial up or buying satellite time at multiples of highspeed rates in the rest of urban Canada. And we still do not have cellphone monetary payment, person to person or person to business etc  < to the best of my knowledge >. 

In many countries, people transfer money via cellphone directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment