Thursday 25 February 2021

Sunny in Scarberia

or looking good - real good

' Rebellions are based on hope ' Jinn Urso < Rogue One >

True confessions. I've spent 4 h minimum attempting re - work the south - west corner drainage off the house. The situation is as follows.

We have interlock right up to the house < approximately, 10 yrs old >. The drainage off the roof goes underground to the lawn or should. For the last 2 years, I've discovered that the underground portion plugs up. This summer, I re - dug the drainage, cleared the pipe and prayed. Well, no, water gushed out of the pipe in the ground, 2 weeks ago. Due to all the kuffufle over the years, I made sure that the whole system is dissectable. I was able to re -route the water out of the downpipe and run the water to the side and out onto the lawn.
Actually, a  lake formed out on the interlock apron up against the lawn. The lake froze. I salted and shovelled to remove the ice. Thus, over the last 3 days, I've tried to re - route the ' lake ' to the lawn.
The upside is the water is 12 ft from the house and not a problem for the house but a danger for others. I 've dug a bit and hope < see > that the water, mostly goes onto the lawn. The whole corner is taped w/ warning yellow ribbon " danger, do not cross ". Mainly, it would be the mailperson in jeopardy. She has a bum knee and has been avoiding the snow areas. Still I need to keep people off the area.
Such the life of a homeowner < older place ? > - moan. groan, whine -  repeat

Update: the lake is growing - not good. But as mentioned the water is damming way away from the house. Still sunny and wind is up a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment